Ta-da! (I know how much you wanted to see me in my outfits, mother, and just like I told you, starting the day off with a cute outfit made the day that much better!).
So, when I first arrived, I met more off Jeff's staff and I accompanied a member of his staff to one of Jeff's committee meetings (where I finally got to meet him! Yay!) Listening in on the committee was very interesting and I am looking forward to attending further meetings throughout this month. After going over some procedures and learning the main points of my new job, Jeff took his staff out to lunch and I felt very privileged to join them. This was not before the fire alarms went off in the Centre Block of Parliament, however. We only had to wait a short time before the fire department let everyone return inside, but there was a bunch of hubbub nonetheless. After lunch, I got to become better acquainted with Nancy, who will be my direct Supervisor while I work here for Jeff. I left at three, though, to join my colleagues in meeting with the Speaker of the House. As I understand, the ways of the Speaker of the House here differs greatly from those of the Speaker in the U.S. Just another grand contrast to note...
Tomorrow will be my first standard work day; I will be working from 9 to 4. On Thursday, however, my colleagues and I have to wake up bright and early to welcome the Clerk at 8:15 that morning. I have been asked to be the one to give him our U of M T-Shirt token of gratitude so I better not sleep in!
No comments:
Post a Comment