And they're delicious, too! :D Why spend 5 dollars on gelato when you can spend just 1 dollar on mix and get a bunch of cookies?!
So I completely underestimated the turnout for Young Women for Young Women of Afghanistan, but that did not hinder my desire for everyone on the streets to hear what this remarkable 13-year old Canadian girl has been pushing for since she started this organization 4 years ago. As someone pointed out, it didn't help that the march was at noon on a school day, which probably accounted greatly for the low turnout. Nonetheless, I saw 2 of my favorite women MPs there and they marched with us, which made me proud to see such distinguished women walking side by side the young founder of the organization.
Immediately following this march was a First Nations Women's Rights March, which I watched until the rest of my group congregated with me in front of the Centre Block so that we could head over to the Auditor General's together. The General was very nice and I loved hearing her story of how she got to where she is today. We finished our meeting at 3 so I headed back over to the office to do a bit more reading (those books I ordered yesterday never came in, by the way...hmmm). Turns out, I got back just in time to join Jeff for a committee meeting, which I stayed at for its entire duration. Afterwards, as I was not familiar with any receptions this evening, I ambled back home with Tony and an intern from Kentucky and made a delicious vegetable stir-fry dinner (and tomorrow's lunch) for myself.
Oh boy, it has turned into a beautiful sunshiny day since this morning's rain (our first rainy weekday since we've been here!) but I'm beat, so I think I'm just going to grab another cookie and then hit the sack. 'Till tomorrow! ~Aubrey
No comments:
Post a Comment